The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 197.500 H Kilian to Streckfus 3 Feb 1913 (95.013)
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-3-2015 at 09:44 AM
197.500 H Kilian to Streckfus 3 Feb 1913 (95.013)

Serbin, Lee County Texas
February 3, 1913

Dear Friend:

This is to certify that I received the Call together with your letter. I was completely astounded and so also my congregation. There will be a meeting on Sunday to consider the peaceful release is not bright. Even if I am very inclined to follow the Call, it is another matter of the whole congregation not to release me. The Wendish language will in the field be used as the main ground of their unwillingness, but Pastors Miertschin, Schmidt and Fritsche know Wendish so one could invalidate the argument.

More later.

With cordial greeting,
Yours,
H. T. Kilian

[Christian Symmank]

Serbin, Lee Co. Texas
Feb. 3. 1913.

Lieber Freund!

Bescheinige hiermit den Empfang des Beruf nebst eines Briefs von Dir. Völlig überrascht war ich und ebenso auch meine Gemeinde. Sonntag soll Versammlung sein, die Aussicht auf friedliche Entlassung ist nicht glänzend, obwohl ich sehr geneigt bin, dem Berufe zu folgen, so ist andererseits die ganze Gemeinde sehr geneigt, mich nicht fortzulassen. Die wendische Sprache wird ins Feld geführt als Hptgrund der Nichteinwilligung, aber da P. Miertschin, Schmidt u. Fritsche wendisch können, so könnte einer dies Argument entkräften. Näheres später.

Mit herzlichem Gruß

Dein
H. T. Kilian

[H. Melvin Symmank]

197.5.2 H Kilian to Streckfuss 3 Feb 1913.jpg - 163kB

197.5.1 H Kilian to Streckfuss 3 Feb 1913.jpg - 88kB

Go To Top