Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 135.870 Wukasch to Kilian [TWHS, Blasig Collection] 6 Sep 1876
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-26-2015 at 07:40 AM
135.870 Wukasch to Kilian [TWHS, Blasig Collection] 6 Sep 1876

Frohna, September 6, 1876

Dear Pastor!

As you will still well remember, we had that short disputation before I left over Christ’s Descend into Hell, in which you read to me a piece from Luther that very obviously was in conflict with the Word of God. For the Lord Christ did not descend into hell there to preach salvation or the Gospel, since such a claim goes very strongly against the clear teaching of the Holy Scriptures. Last week, I was by Pastor Koestering in Altenburg, and I looked through his Luther and found nothing about what you read to me. Koestering has the Enlarged Edition of Luther’s Complete Works, and therein I found only that which also God’s Word teaches about Christ’s Descend into Hell. And I would like to ask you to read Luther’s interpretation of chapter 3 and 4 of the First Epistle of St. Peter, in which you can see what Luther actually said. I would like to still write more about this, but my much work does not allow this for me.

The dear God has again brought me safely back from Texas to my beloved Frohna home. I left Giddings at 2:00 o’clock on Wednesday, and came to St. Louis already at 6:00 o’clock on Friday. There I stayed till Wednesday of the next week, and arrived at 10:00 o’clock on Thursday, safe and happy, in my dear Frohna. I found everyone healthy and hearty. Now I am completely back in my work. 83 students is the count that leaves me no time left over.

So, herewith, may you stay committed to the Loving Lord. Please, greet all in your house, also my relatives, when you find the opportunity to do this.

In steadfast love, I remain
Your M. Wukasch

[Translated by Ed Bernthal]

Frohna, den 6ten Sept 1876

Geehrter Herr Pastor!

Wie Sie sich wohl noch errinnern werden, hielten wir bei meinem Abschied von Ihnen eine kurze Disputation über die Höllenfahrt Christi, wobei Sie mir ein Stück aus Luther vorlasen, das doch ganz offenbar gegen Gottes Wort streit. Denn der Herr Christus ist nicht zur Hölle gefahren um daselbst den Verdammten eine Rettung od. Evangelium für sie zu predigen, den solche Behauptung geht ganz starcks gegen die klare Lehre der hl. Schrift. Ich war letzte Woche bei Pastor Koestering in Altenburg u. habe seinen ganzen Luther durchgesucht u. nichts gefunden davon was Sie mir vorlasen. Koestering hat die Erlangenen Ausgabe Luthers sämtl. Werke, u. darin habe ich nur das gefunden, was auch Gts. Wort von der Höllenfahrts Chr. Lehrt. Und ich möchte Sie bitten Luthers Auslegung des 3 u. 4 Kapitals der ersten Epistle St.Peters zu lessen, denn darin kann man sehen, was Luther eigentl. will. Ich würde Ihnen gerne noch mehr davon schreiben, aber meine viele Arbeiten erlauben es mir nicht.

Der liebe Gott hat mich wieder recht glückl. von Texas in die liebe Heimat Frohna gebracht. Mittwoch 2 Uhr reiste ich von Giddings ab u. kam schon Freitag Abend 6 Uhr in St.Louis an. Daselbst hielt ich mich bis zum Mittwoch der nächsten Woche auf, u. kam Donnerstag 10 Uhr glückl. u. vergnügt in meinem lieben Frohna an. Alle fand ich gesund u. munter. Nun bin ich wieder völlig in meiner Arbeit. 83 Schüler an der Zahl lassen mir keine Zeit übrig.

Darum bleiben Sie hiermit den lieben Gott befohlen. Bitte, grüssen Sie Alle Zuhause, auch meine Verwandten, wenn Sie Gelegenheit dazu finden.

In stater Liebe verbl. ich

Ihr
M. Wukasch

[Transliterated by Ed Bernthal]

135.86.1 Kilian to Braun.60.jpg - 177kB

135.86.2 Kilian to Braun.60.jpg - 103kB

Go To Top