Author: Subject: 125.600 Kilian to Bünger [CHI, Serbin Collection] 22 Jan 1874
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-13-2015 at 09:20 PM
125.600 Kilian to Bünger [CHI, Serbin Collection] 22 Jan 1874

Serbin, 22 January 1874
Rev. J. F. Bünger, St. Louis, Mo.

Respectfully, Dear President!

The visitation in Serbin and on the Yegua are now over. The visitor, Pastor Tirmenstein, a lovable person, will report the results to you. Therefore I can be brief. I herewith withdraw my desires which I made known to you while I was still weak from my long illness. During this year my body again regained its strength. As things turned out your personal presence in Serbin is no longer necessary. Thus you have been spared a cumbersome trip to Serbin. My son, Hermann, whom I wanted to send to the north, I still want to keep at home for one year and after his Confirmation on the next Palm Sunday, I will try to continue his instruction myself As far as I am concerned I no longer want to go to the north because of the local lack of money and which make all restrictions necessary.

God sits on His throne and does all things well. His path is in the great waters. His counsel is amazing and He does all things well.

Under such contemplations I remain yours in the Lord.

Yours faithfully,
Johann Kilian, Pastor

[Biar]

Serbin am 22sten Januar 1874
Rev. J. F. Bünger, St. Louis, Mo.

Hochwürdiger, Geliebter Herr Präses!

Die Tage der Visitation in Serbin u. an der Yegua sind nun vorüber. Der Visitator P. Tirmenstein, ein lieber Mann, wird Ihnen das Ergebniß berichten. Darum kann ich kurz sein. Ich widerrufe hiermit meine Wünsche, die ich in letzter Zeit, als ich von meinem langen Krankheit noch schwach war Ihnen eröffnete. Ich bin in diesem Jahre meinen Leibe nach wieder erstärkt. Die Sachen aber haben, sich so gestaltet, daß Ihre persönliche Gegenwart in Serbin jetzt nicht nothwendig ist. Sie sind also einer beschwerlichen Reise noch Serbin durch euch selbst überhoben. Meinen Sohn Hermann, den ich nach dem Norden __asten wollte, will ich noch ein Jahr zu Hause behalten und nach seiner Confirmation, die am nächsten Palmsonntag stattfinden soll, selbst versuchen weiter zu unterrichten. Ich für meine Person will nun auch vor der Hand nach dem Norden nicht mehr, zu mal da die liebe Geldnoth hier herrscht und alle mögliche Selbstbeschränkung nothwendig macht.

Gott sitzt im Regimente und führet alles wohl. Sein Pfad aber ist in großen Wassern. Sein Rath ist wunderbarlich und er führet es herrlich hinaus.

Unter solchen Betrachtungen verbleibe ich im Herrn. Er. Hochwürden ergebener

Johann Kilian, P.

[GRN]

Letter 125.6 22 Jan 1874.30.jpg - 205kB

Go To Top