The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 124.710 Zimmerman to Kilian [TWHS, Blasig Collection] 15 Sep 1873
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-11-2015 at 10:23 AM
124.710 Zimmerman to Kilian [TWHS, Blasig Collection] 15 Sep 1873

Pastor Kilian, Serbin Texas

Honored Pastor!

Although the death of our dear brother Pallmer has been sent out, yet your lines have still given me support about the cause of his sickness and death. Especially dear to me is therefore your line, where you gave me therein the news of the warm behavior that had developed between you and him in the recently and that you separated as friends. I will look after the death of our dear Pallmer with your help, that I learn respect and love in the relatively short time of our acquaintance, and the thought comes to me, that it is hardly comprehensible to have to miss him in the circle of Texas pastors. Yet also incomprehensible to me are God’s thoughts, yet I comfort myself with it, that among His believers, he can have thoughts of peace and love, and that also with the blessed Pastor Pallmer this is the case. I rejoice that you again are on the way toward improvement and desire to hear from you soon, that you with new strengthened power can go about the now increased labor.

What concerns us, as I have already written to you, that I was sick, but am pretty sound since then. I made the trip to Columbus in August in order to ordain Candidate A. Hofius.

My wife was also not spared from fever this summer as previously and has it again pretty violently, yet it is the cold fever. Our girls are over it (and) quite sound now, God be praised. What will then truly become of our Conference in Houston? Yellow fever should certainly not be there, yet I fear, that through the sickness and the well-known casualties, the participation will be small when it all comes to pass.

With the desire to soon again receive a response from you, I remain with warm greetings to you and your dear ones.

Yours,
J. Zimmermann

Spring-Creek
September 15, 1873

[Translated by H. Melvin Symmank]

Herrn Pastor Kilian, Serbin Texas

Geehrter Herr Pastor!

Obwohl schon von dem Tode unsers l. Bruders Pallmer benachrichtigt, haben mir Ihre werthen Zeilen doch noch näheren Aufschluß über den Verlauf seiner Krankheit u. s. Todes gegeben. Besonders lieb sind mir Ihre Zeilen deshalb, weil sie mir darin Nachricht geben von dem herzlichen Verhältnis, das sich noch in der letzten Zeit zwischen Ihnen entwickelt hat, u. daß sie als Freunde geschieden sind. Den Tod unsers l. Pallmer betrauere ich mit Ihnen aufrichtig, da ich ihn in der verhältnismäßig kurzen Zeit unserer Bekanntschaft achten und lieben lernte, u. mir der Gedanke, ihn im Kreise texanischer Pastoren vermißen zu müssen, kaum faßlich ist. Doch so unbegreiflich mir auch Gottes Gedanken sind, tröste ich mich doch damit, daß er über seine Gläubigen nur Gedanken des Friedens u. der Liebe haben kann, u. daß auch bei dem seligen P. Pallmer dies der Fall ist. Es freut mich, daß Sie wieder auf dem Wege der Beßerung sind u. wünsche von Ihnen bald zu hören, daß Sie mit neu gestärkter Kraft an die nun wohl vermehrte Arbeit gehen können.

Was uns betrifft, so habe ich Ihnen schon geschrieben, daß ich krank war, bin aber seither ziemlich gesund. Habe im August eine Reise nach Columbus gemacht, um Candidat A. Hofius zu ordiniren.

Meine Frau wird diesen Sommer auch nicht, wie sonst, vom Fieber verschont, hat es jetzt wieder ziemlich heftig, doch ist es nur das kalte Fieber, unser Mädchen dagegen war, Gott sei Dank, bisher recht gesund. Was wird denn wohl aus unserer Conferens in Houston werden? Gelbes Fieber soll wohl nicht da sein, doch fürchte ich, daß durch viele Krankheit u. die bekannten Todesfälle die Theilnahme eine geringe wird, wenn sie überhaupt zu Stande kommt.

Mit dem Wunsche bald wieder von Ihnen Nachricht zu bekommen, verbleibe ich mit herzl. Gruße an Sie u. die l. Ihrigen.

Ihr
J. Zimmermann

Spring-Creek
15. Septemb. 1873

[Transliterated by Christian Symmank]

124.71.1 Zimmermann to Kilian.jpg - 268kB

124.71.2 Zimmermann to Kilian.jpg - 484kB

Go To Top