The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 110.854 Pastor Kilian’s Resignation [CHI, Serbin Collection] 22 May, 28 Aug 1870
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 07:13 PM
110.854 Pastor Kilian’s Resignation [CHI, Serbin Collection] 22 May, 28 Aug 1870

The two Sundays in which Pastor Johann Kilian in Serbin tendered his resignation

1) Resignation on Rogate Sunday, May 22, 1870

“It is now known to all, that in the congregation meeting on January 2 of this year I resigned my office in the combined congregation, becaue of the conditions, that it would remain the same as it has been up to now. Since no reconciliation has taken place, I announce today, that I will continue to serve in my office till next September, so that each part will have time to take care of themselves. But I commit myself and you to the mercy of God.”

2) Resignation on the 11th Sunday after Trinity, August 28, 1870

“In the churchly life of a congregation, it will happen at times, that a Pastor has to talk about himself and about his call. Such a time is now here with us. I have, by the grace of God, preached and taught up to now the Holy Scriptures, which are the Word of God according to the Confessions of our Church and according to Luther’s explanations. Despite all of that, I have lost the trust of some. Since the congregation had split into two parts, I had earlier, on Rogate Sunday, May 22, resigned my office here [next part of the sentence not legible] so that I could find out whether I could stay here or go far away. The months, in which I felt obligated to continue in my office, will now run out in the coming weeks. At this time, the one part of the congregation has called a new Pastor, and thereby has actually separated from the other part. Those congregation members who still have confidence in me have issued me, on June 12 on the Festival of the Holy Trinity, a renewed Scriptural Call that I should remain to be their Pastor. This Call I have accepted. So I will continue to serve those who have renewed my Call with God’s Word and Sacraments, according to the ability that God supplies. The others, who by the calling of a new Pastor have renounced me and separated themselves, I commit to the mercy of God.”

[Translation by Ed Bernthal]

Die zwei Sonntägliche Abkündigung des Pastors Johann Kilian in Serbin

1) Abkündigung am Sonntag Rogate den 22sten Mai 1870

“Es ist allen hier bekannt, das ich in der Gemeindeversammlung am 2ten Januar dieses Jahre mein Amt bei dieser vereinigten Gemeinde unter der Bedingung, falls es bei uns so bleibt, wie es bisher war, gekündigt habe. Weil nun immer noch keine Versöhnung zu Stande kommen konnte so zeige ich heute an, das ich mein Amt noch bis zum nächsten September fortführen will, damit jeder Theil Zeit habe sich zu versorgen. Ich befehle aber mich und euch der Barmherzigkeit Gottes.”

2) 1) Abkündigung am 11ten Trinitatis festagedie 28ten August 1870

“Im kirchligen Gemeindeleben treten zuweilen Zeiten ein, in denen der Prediger von sich und seinen Beruf reden mus. Solche Zeit ist jetzt bei uns. Ich habe durch Gottes Gnade bisher die heiligen Schrift die ist Gottes Wort, den Erkenntnisschriften unserer Kirche und nach Luthers ausgelegt gesprochen und gelehrt und have bei alledem bei etlichen das Vertrauen verloren. Ich habe nun, weil die Gemeinde in zwei Theile aus einander ging, früher am 22ten Mai, am Sonntag Rogate, mein Amt hier gekündigt, aus das ______________ damit ich erführe, ob ich hier zu bleiben oder weit zu ziehen hätte. Die Monate, welche ich nach der Billigkeit schuldig war mein Amst fortzuführen wieder in der kommenden Woche verflasten sein. Zu dieser Zeit hat der eine Theil der Gemeinde sich einen neuen Prediger berufen und damit von den andern Theil sich thatsächlich getrennt. Diejenigen Gemeindeglieder aber die noch Vertrauen zu mir haben übergeben mir am 12ten Juni, am Feste der heiligen Dreieinigkeit, mir erneuerte schriftliche Berufung das ich ihr Prediger bleiben soll. Diesen Beruf habe ich angenommen. Sonach werde ich nun diejenigen, die mich aufs neue berufen haben, weiter mit Gottes Wort und Sacrament versorgen nach dem Vermögen, das Gott darrichtet. Die andern aber welche durch die Berufung eines neues Prediger in der That von mir sich lossagten und trenten, befehle ich der Barmherzigkeit Gottes.”

[Transliteration by Ed Bernthal]

CAN, 22 May, 28 Aug 1870.1.25.jpg - 241kB

CAN, 22 May, 28 Aug 1870.2.25.jpg - 239kB

Go To Top