The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oppach, Saxony
mersiowsky
Super Administrator
*********




Posts: 2150
Registered: 2-13-2011
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 9-30-2014 at 02:57 PM
Oppach, Saxony


Oppach - Nona.net


Oppach


Oppach - Wikipedia



From Meyers Orts:
Oppach, government district office Loebau, rural community, right side of the Spree, in Lusatian Mountains; Saxony, county office is Bautzen, government district office and telephone is in Neusalza, military district office in in Zittau; 2,952 residents in 1910; post office, telegraph, and train station: Taubenheim Spree-Duerrhennersdorf Line; civil registration office, Protestant parish church, boys reformatory, electric works; savings bank; button factory, wood shoe factory, slipper factory; brewery, dye factory, mills, saw mill, granite stone works. consists of: a) Lindenberg, train station 1.5 km, 256 residents in 1910; 2) village of Neuoppach, train station 1.5 km, 597 residents in 1910 (including part of Krahberg; the mill Red Mill; part of Spreedorf); c) village Niederoppach 1484 residents in 1910 (including part of Alter Graben, train station 1.5 km Taubenheim on the Spree River; mills Aumuehle, Buschmuehle, and Dammuehle; part of Katermausse, train station 1.2 km; mill Kesslermuehle); d) village of Oberoppach, train station 1.5 km, 392 residents in 1910; e) knight’s estate Oppach, train station 1 km; f) village and outlying farm of Picka, train station 2.5 km, 123 residents in 1910.

From Oppach Memories:

In 1696: Investiture of Caspar von Nostitz and Jänkendorf with the lower part of Oppach. A year later he bought the other part of his father Wolf Heinrich von Muschwitz. Thus Oppach was again under manorial system.

From Die Oberlausitz Kirchen Galerie: Oppach
View user's profile View All Posts By User

  Go To Top


XMB Forum Software © 2001-2011 The XMB Group