The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 202.000 Otto Lehman to Pastor [CHI, Serbin Collection] 29 Dec 1923
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-3-2015 at 10:44 AM
202.000 Otto Lehman to Pastor [CHI, Serbin Collection] 29 Dec 1923

Stollberg, Saxony December 29, 1923

Most Honorable Pastor!

Enclosed, I am sending you several Wendisch calendars which I have published, and of which I assume, that you would find the fellow members of your Wendisch congregation to be interested. Here also you will be receiving for Mr. Amost Symank and his son-in-law Miertsching as a wedding present and ______ a copy (?) of the Giddings Daily Paper.

Now I have to make a big request of you. Next year, I want to send out with the calendar a full page picture if your Jan Kilian. Could you provide this for me? Can you make a copy of an old picture from his later years? I want to write for it an essay about him. I actually have everything that he wrote about his homeland. But about his time in America I have virtually nothing. Could you be helpful to me with this? Write to me about everything that happened to him, actually everything personal about him. Let me know about his death, his family life, and about his influence as a ______and theologian. If possible, write it in Wendisch, so that I can make it public as my ownership under your name. A Wendish essay from you will call forth much joy for us. Don’t be concerned about whether everything is verbally correct. I will gladly take care of that, and make it ready for publication. Should the calendar contain much about Serbin, I already have that unfinished. It would be better to get information about the life and family trials of the people. And could you also supply us with interesting pictures of the same?
The calendar costs me 50 German Pfennigs and you would certainly find readers in your congregation. It will be worth all of my work which I would do without charge..

I also have relatives in Texas, Andreas Heinzke from Beruth. I am not sure that I have a cousin of my mother living where you live.

I will write further to ______Mark about Wendish _______ . I have Murjes Recknor to review my essay. I collect old printed wedding songs, ______, poems, etc. Perhaps such could be found in the German Volksblatt Paper in Giddings, as well as who wrote them.

I want to have you look especially for 2 articles which are, what happened after Kilian, and Wendish weddings and ______.

For your sharing, I would be overall very grateful! We would all be happy if this would truly bring to life again a relationship between Serbin and its old homeland.

With many thanks before hand, and sincere greetings,

Your devoted,
_________Professor Otto Lehmann

[Ed Bernthal]

Stollberg, Sa. 29.12.23

Sehr Geehrter Herr Pfarrer!

Anbei sending ich Ihnen einige wendische Kalander, die ich heraus gegeben habe und von denn ich annehme, das sie Interesse bei die wendischen Mitglieder Ihrer Gemeinde finden werden. Hir fr. sollen Sie erhalten zu eins Herr Arnost Symank u sein Schwiegersohn Miertsching als Hochzeitsgabe und ein _______der _______des Giddingsscher Tageblatter.

Nun habe ich Sie eine grosse Bitte. Zum nächsten Jahr will ich den Kalander von grosses Bild Vollseite ihres Jan Kilian heraus schicken. Könnten Sie mir mich an solchen anschaffen. Lassen Sie eine Lieb____ aufnahme von einen alten Bild, aus seinen späteren Lebensjahren machen! Ich will dazu einen Aufsatz über Ihn schreiben! Nun besitze ich zwar alles was er an Heimat geschrieben hat, aber über sein Amerikanische Zeit mach ich so gut mir nichts. Könnten Sie mir da nicht behölflich sein! Schreiben Sie mir alles auf was Sie über Ihn erfahren können, zwar alles persönlich. Zeige Ihren Tod, Familienleben u von über seine Bedeutung als _______und Theolog.

Schafthallen bin ich ziemlich orientiert. Schreiben Sie mir bitte, alles möglich wendisch auf, das ich es als Eigentum unter Ihren Namen veröfentlich kann! Ein wendischer Aufsatz von Ihnen wird bei uns sehr grosse Freude hervorrufen! Achten Sie nicht weiter da auf, ob alles sprechlich richtig ist. Ich verlassen es u mache es sehr gern Buchfertig. ___über Serbin bringen eine Allergang der Kirche habe ich schon unfertigen. Besser wo das Leben Familienschiksal der Menschen umkönnten sei dazu nicht mich etwas betragen, auch interresante Bilder!

Der Kalander kost mir 50 Dr. Pfennings u werde also mich dann gewiss in Ihre Gemeinde Leser finden. Mir sollen ohn ganz _____ her wert alle Arbeit umsonst geleiset ward.

Ich habe auch Verwandten in Texas, Andreas Heinzke aus Beruth. Aber so Sie wohnen weis ich nicht eine Cousin meiner Mutter.

Ferner schreibe ich an ______Mark über wendische Rathsfänger, für Probe dann ist der Aufsatz: Murges Recknor. Ich sammel alle gedruckte Hochzeitslieder, _______, Gedichtslieder u.s.f. Sind vielleicht in Giddings Deutsche Volkblatt auch solche _____ und von wem?

Auf 2 Artikel mache ich Sie besonders ______haben ist Nachfolge Kilians gewessen u wendische Hochzeit u _______.

Für Ihre Mitteilung wäre ich Ihnen überaus dankbar! Wir werden uns für alle sehr freün um Sie ______zwishchen Serbin und die alte Heimat noch herzlich und lebendig werden.

Mit vielen Dank an voraus und besten Grüssen, Ihr ergebener

________Professor Otto Lehmann

[Ed Bernthal]

Letter 202.1 29 Dec 1923.40.jpg - 189kB

Letter 202.2 29 Dec 1923.40.jpg - 221kB

Letter 202.3 29 Dec 1923.40.jpg - 213kB

Letter 202.4 29 Dec 1923.40.jpg - 181kB

Go To Top