Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 190.000 Siegfried Labitzke to Unknown [Hemman] 23 Mar 1898
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-3-2015 at 08:44 AM
190.000 Siegfried Labitzke to Unknown [Hemman] 23 Mar 1898

Serbin March 23, 1898

Dear Sister,

I received your honored letter on March 23. In it I read that you, all of my loved ones, are well and I was gladdened that you wrote about Father who is now with brother August in Meuscha. We are all happy with that. All the good things my brother August is doing for his old beloved father will be rewarded by a gracious God. We certainly will not forget the dear father. In fall we will also send something to father. Right now we do not have much money because the cotton was so cheap last year.

Dear sister, I will now write about things concerning me. What our work is. We have planted corn. Potatoes are standing beautifully. Cabbage and lettuce and the rest stands nicely too. Winter was not a severe one and it was nice all winter. Our men had to work very hard. We now have enclosed all of our land. We bought $250 worth of barbed wire and in America they use it for fencing the land. In America it is true that it was not always this way, but now everyone fences his land. At first cotton was 25 cents a pound but now only 5 cents and that is a big difference. We hope it will increase because we must make our living from cotton.

Dear sister Christina, you wrote me of your dear children and where they are. That makes us happy, even of the little one who died. Dear sister, our Almighty God did the right thing by taking him from the evil world. Oh how nicely the little children sleep. We certainly know their souls are in God’s kingdom and are now our dear angels.

Dear sister, I also I think about the pain of my three who died but I rejoice they are in heaven and are God’s angels. There are the beloved angels of God that God gave. He also took them. God knows what is best for us and so we should not mourn so much. God only does good things for us. God knows our ways.

Dear sister, give this letter to Father to read and greet brother August Sarodnick and his wife and children. Also Christof Wohte with his entire family and also Mr. Pfrige with his wife and Johann Petw__ and his wife and children. Also greet Christopf Sarodnick from us. We are, thanks to God, again all healthy. And as far as my daughter is concerned. Christina’s head hurts from the nerve fever which she had three times and she suffered severely. Mari is once more healthy and well. She had another small son-- Martin. Father and Ana were sponsors and also Christina. There were 12 sponsors. Mari has 3 children and Christina has 4. Ernst could get married but no telling if he will or not.

[end of letter]

Serbin 23th Marz 1898

Liebe Schwester,

Dein Geörten [geehrter] Brief habe ich den 23.ten. März richtig erhalten und ich da ras [daraus] gesehen das ihr noch alle meine von Herrz geliebten gesund seid und mich auch sehr erfreund das du mir von Vater auch schreibst, daß er bei Bruder August in Muescha ist[.] das Freut uns alle[.] Auch daß was mein Bruder August an seinen allten Lieben Vatter gutes wird thun das wird ihm der Gendige [gnädige] Gott viel noch bezahlen[.] Wir werden ja den lieber Vater auch nicht vorgessen[.] zum Herbst werden wir den Vatter auch was schicken[.] jetz sind wir auch bei Geld nicht sehr weil das letzte Jahr war unsre Baumwolle sehr billig.

Liebe Schwester was mich anbelangt das will ich dir schreiben was wir jetz Arbeiten[.] Mais haben wir geflanz Kortofel [Kartoffel] stehen schön Kraut und Sabten und das ibrige [übrige] im Garten steht auch gut. Winter haben wir keinen grosen [Frost] gehabt alles war im Winter sehr schön unser Männer haben misen [müssen]dichtig [tüchtig]Arbeiten wir haben jetz unser ganzes Land jetz eingezäunt[.] 250 Thaler haben wir strgel [Stachel] gro_ [Draht] gekauft mit das wird das Land ein gefenzt in Americka[.] irst [Erst]war in Americka nicht so wie jetzt das wird auch schl__er jetzt thut jeder sein Land einzeunen auh irs war die Baumwolle 25 Zent das Fund[Pfund] jetz nur das Fund 5 Zent und das ist ein groser untersiet wir hofen das es aber l_ser wird. weil mir von der Baumvolle leben sohlen.

Liebe Schwester Christina Du schrieb mir von deine lieben Kindern wo die alle sind das haben wir uns sehr erfreut auch von den kleinen der dir gestroben ist, liebe Schwester das hat unser Allmechtiger Gott sehr gut gethan daß er ihn von der bösen Welt weg genommen hat ach wie gut schlafen die kleinen Kinder das wissen wir doch die sielen [Seelen] ja das Reich gottes das sind ja unsre lieben Engel

Liebe Schwester mir ist ja so wohl wenn ich an meine 3. lieben S__en denke die mir gestorben sind auch das freue ich nich die hab ich ja in Himel das sind ja liebe Gottes Engel die hat uns Gott gegeben die hat er auch genommen Gott weis ja was uns gut ist den wollen wir ja nicht das so sehr bewein von Gott gutt es an uns thut. Gott wies ja unser Wege vorous.

Liebe Schwester gieb du den Vater auch den brief zu lesen und griese [grüsse] Bruder August Sarodnick mit seine lieben Frau und Kinder auch Christof Wohte mit seiner ganzen Vochillige[Familie?] auch Herrn Pfrige mit seiner Frau auch Johann Petw__ mit Frau und Kinder auch Christopf Sarodinck die griest nur von uns wir sind Gott sei dank jetz wieder Gesund und was meine Töchtern anbelangt die Christiana leidet sehr an Kopf weil sie 3. mall Nerfen Fieber gehabt hat da leidet sie drauf sehr und die Mari ist wieder gesund und munter die hat wieder ein klein Sohn.. Martin. Vatter und Ana waren Pate und Christiana. Da waren 12 Paten Mari hat 3 Kinder und Christiana 4 Kin[der] Ernst kan Heiraten ob er wird weis ich nicht.

[end]

SARODNICK Letter Serbin 23Mar1898 pg1.jpg - 247kB

SARODNICK Letter Serbin 23Mar1898 pg2.jpg - 254kB

SARODNICK Letter Serbin 23Mar1898 pg3.jpg - 257kB

SARODNICK Letter Serbin 23Mar1898 pg4.jpg - 243kB

Go To Top