Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 136.300 Geyer to Kilian [TWHS, Blasig Collection] 20 Nov 1876
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-26-2015 at 10:21 PM
136.300 Geyer to Kilian [TWHS, Blasig Collection] 20 Nov 1876

Serbin, November 20, 1876

Highly Respected Pastor!

After receiving the letter from your Highly Respected, I came to the sad conclusion that we could no longer deal with each other, that your Highly Respected, even though he could not accept these families, acted as if the acceptance had already been completed, by giving Holy Communion to Mr. Gahno and his wife, as well as Mr. Wojto and his wife, and not merely as guests. So, as much as it saddens me, we see that it becomes necessary, that we might as well turn to the District President with our complaints.

In the hope that God may turn all this to his glory and to the upbuilding of His Church, I remain your highly respectful

Devoted
C. L. Geyer

[Translated by Ed Bernthal]

Serbin, d 20 Nov 76

Hochehrwürdiger Herr Pastor!

Nach Empfang des Schreibens von Ew. Hochehrwürden sind mir zu der betreubenden Erfahrung gekommen, das is sich zwischen uns nicht mehr handelt, das Ew. Hochehrwürden diese Familien nicht annehmen möchten, sondern das die Annehme der beiden Familien schon vollzogen worden ist, dadurch das Sie Herrn Gahno und Frau, sowie Herrn Wojto und Frau das heilige Abendmahl gerreicht haben, wenn auch nicht als Gästen. So leid es mir thut, so sehen wir aus doch nun genöthigt uns ebensfall an den Districtpräses zu wenden, und zwar klagend.

In der Hoffnung, das Gott Alles zu seiner Ehre und Erbauung seiner Kirche wenden werde, verbleibe ich Ew. Hochehrwürden

Ergebener
C. L. Geyer

[Transliterated by Ed Bernthal]

136.3 Geyer to Kilian.jpg - 229kB

Go To Top