The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 124.200 Pallmer to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] Early Feb 1873
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-11-2015 at 08:59 AM
124.200 Pallmer to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] Early Feb 1873

To the Pastor of St. Paul
The Honorable Rev. Kilian!

Honorable Brother in the Ministry!

In order to publish the bans of marriage for Mr. Spielert with Mrs. Ruechert, since on our part there are no objections, for Ruechert is a faithful member of our congregation, as well as Mr. Spielert, the above named would be given the freedom to go where they wish.

I could not ask them to delay the publishing of the bans for several weeks at least till after Easter. Actually, this is the answer according to Walther’s Pastoral Authority Theology, page 22, to be implemented in the congregations, when together the man and his wife, after the death of their first spouse can be declared “to be one”, after the fathers and the mothers have given their permission, and, obviously, also the pastor who will marry them. Even though the regulations from Walther’s Pastoral Authority Theology are not a law for us, still in regard for our Synod they ought to be respected, so I appeal to let your good ________, since it is in the interest of our congregations, to permit the named people to do according to their wishes, even after I had advised against their leaving us.

And I should also mention that Mr._______had wanted to ask to be taken up in our congregation, but I had advised him against this, so that he could go to his minister, as it affects the St.Pauls congregation division which has set one against the other, to get his release from the named congregation.

Respectfully,
J. Pallmer, P.

[Ed Bernthal]

[William Ludwig Spielert, widower, renter at Serbin, married Anna Christiana Rückert on 23 Feb 1873 at St Paul by Pastor Kilian. She had previously been married to Friedrich Johann Rueckert Sr, former renter at Serbin, with whom she had a son Friedrich Johann Jr.]

An das Pastorweit zu St. Paul
Herrn Pastor Kilian Hochwuerden!

Hochwuerdiger Herr Amtsbruder!

Eine Aufgebot und Trauung des hh Spielert mit der hh Ruechert danach Sie stehen von unser Seite keine Hindernisse im Wege, da werden weil Ruechert mir ein andenkliches Glied unserer Gemeinde war, auch hh Spielert es ist, genannte Leute also Freiheit haben, sich zu wenden wo sie wollen.

Ich muste ihnen das Aufgebet jetzt keine einige Wochen nach dem Ableben hh Ruechert verwoegen, und sei nun Aufschub bis wenigsten nach Ostern sie bitten und zwar as dem Walther Pastorwalttheilogen S 22 Antwort ja weiter ausgefuehrten Gemeinden, wen zugleich der Mann und die Frau, die einege Wochen nach dem Ableben ihren ersten Gatten wieder heimathen fuer “einsam” erklaert werden, nach die Vaeter und Muetter die dazu ihren Einwilligung geben, selbsverstaendlig auch die Pastoren die sie trauen. Da nun die Bestimmungen dem Walthers Pastorwalttheologian zwar nicht unser Gesetz sind, aber doch danach weg immerhalb unseren Synode als masgeben anzusehen sind, so gebe ich es Ihren guttenlen Enwaergung nehmen, als es im Interesse unserer Gemeinde gewaehrten sein, duerfte abgennaneten Leute ihren Willen zu thun, nachdem die dammit ihren Ausreisen von mir abgeweisen werden sind.

Auch sie bemerkt dash h ___________dan sich zum Aufnahme in unsere Gemeinde bei mir anmelden wollte, von mir abgeweisen war, damit er sich mit seinen Seelsorgern beziehend mit der St.Paul Gemeinde underscheinweise auseinander gesetzt um seine Entlassuung aus letzteneren erlangt habe.

Hochachtungsvoll,
J. Pallmer, P

[Ed Bernthal]

Letter 124.5.1 1873.50.jpg - 383kB

Letter 124.5.2 1873.50.jpg - 397kB

Go To Top