Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 111.600 Bünger to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] 9 Nov 1870
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-5-2015 at 08:03 AM
111.600 Bünger to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] 9 Nov 1870

Dear Fellow Pastor,

Just now, Rev. Pallmer came to me for a decision. So I herewith delegate to you, in the authority of your office, and in the name of the Synod, to install your neighbor in the ministry, since you are still a member of the Synod, and, without a doubt, want to remain the same. Would it be, as the congregation of Rev. Pallmer wrote to me, that you could really not see to carry out this installation, as I did not doubt, so that the neighboring Pastor Zimmerman would have to take it over. I had hoped that you would consider Rev. Pallmer to be a friend, and, as a neighboring pastor, to work peacefully with him. There certainly can be good pastors also in other places, as is the case in St. Louis. Much more further, I cannot write to you right now.

With respectful and brotherly greeting,
Your devoted, J. F. Buenger

St. Louis, November 17, 1870

[Translated by Ed Bernthal]

Geherter Herr Amtsbruder

Eben kommt der Pastor Pallmer zu mir, um Abschied zu nehmen. Ich entheile hiermit Ihnen die Stellmacht im Namen der Synode Ihren Amtsnachbar einzuführen; den Sie sind doch noch Synodalglied und wollen es auch ohne Zweifel bleiben. Sollte die Gemeinde des Herrn P. Palmer wie sie auch geschrieben haben, es wirklich nicht davon sehen das Sie die Einführung vollzogen, was ich nicht fürchte; so mus den das nachbar P. Zimmerman solche übernehemen. Ich hofte das Sie am Herrn P. Palmer einen Freund heisen und friedlichen Amtsmachen nachbar haben worden. Es können ja am vielen Orte gut anseren Pastoren sei, wie das auch in St.Louis der Fall ist. Der Herr helfe zu rechter Betracht. Zu vieles kann ich jetzt nicht weiter schreiben.

Mit ehrenbertigen und brüderlichen Gruss,
Ihr ergebener, J. F. Bünger
St. Louis, den 17 Nov 1870

[Transliterated by Ed Bernthal]

Letter 111.6.1 7 Nov 1870.60.jpg - 372kB

Letter 111.6.2 7 Nov 1870.60.jpg - 303kB

Go To Top