The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 110.857 Pastor Kilian’s Resignation on 28 August 1870 [CHI, Serbin Collection] 28 Aug 1870
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 8-3-2015 at 08:30 AM
110.857 Pastor Kilian’s Resignation on 28 August 1870 [CHI, Serbin Collection] 28 Aug 1870

Resignation on the 11th Sunday after Trinity, August 28, 1870

“In the churchly life of the congregation, it will happen at times, that a Pastor has to talk about himself and about his call. Such a time is here with us now. I have up to now, preached and taught the Word of God as recorded in the Bible according to the Confessional Writings of our Church and as explained by Luther. Despite all of that, I have lost the trust of some. And since our church congregation has split in two, so I had earlier, on Rogate Sunday, May 22, resigned my office in this deteriorating congregation, so that the thoughts of all would be completely revealed. The months in which I was obligated to carry on my ministry have now run out. At this time, the one part of the congregation has called a new Pastor, and thereby have actually separated from the other part. Those congregation members who still had confidence in me have issued to me, on June 12, the Festival of the Holy Trinity, a renewed Scriptual Call that I should stay to be their Pastor. I have accepted this Call. So I will continue to serve those who have renewed my Call with God’s Word and Sacraments. But I commit the Separated Ones to the mercy of God. Since all are the children of God, basically, we remain one even when separations take place in the Visible Church. So now, each one during this time of grace, must face and handle the recognition of their own weakness or strength, but, thereby diligently learn and be concerned about their relation to the Lord. For the anger of man does not do what is right in the sight of God. May the God of Peace make you certain of this, so that you will be able to differentiate between what is of man and what is of God.

[Ed Bernthal]

Abkündigung am 11ten Sonntag nach Trint. 28 Aug. 1870

Im kirchligen Gemeindeleben treten zuweilen ein in denen der Prediger von sich und seinem Berufe reden mus. Solch eine Zeit ist jetzt bei uns. Ich habe bisher das Wort Gottes wie es in der Bibel steht nach den Bekenntnisschriften unserer Kirche und nach Luthers ausgelegt gepredigt und gelehrt und habe bei alldem doch bei Etlichen das Vertrauen verloren. Und weil unsere Kirchengemeinde entzwei ging, so habe ich freuer am 22sten Mai, am Sonntag Rogate, mein Amt hier dieser verringten Gemeinde verkündigt, damit die Gemeinde die Gedanken gänzlich offenbar würden. Die Monate, welcher ich schuldig war mein Amt noch fortzuführen sind verflossen. In dieser Zeit hat der eine Theil der Gemeinde sich einen neuen Prediger berufen und damit von den andern Theil sich getrennt. Diejenigen aber die noch Vertrauen zu mir haben übergeben mir am 12ten Juni, am Fest der heiligen Dreieinigkeit eine erneuerte schriftliche Berufung, das ich ihr Prediger bleiben soll. Diesen Beruf habe ich angenommen. Sonach werde ich nun diejenigen die aufs neue mich berufen haben weiter mit Gottes Wort und Sakrament versorgen. Die Getrennten aber befehle ich der Barmherzichkeit Gottes. Wie wohl nun alle waren Kinder Gottes, im Grund, Eins bleiben wann auch in der sichtbaren Kirche Trennunger vorstallen so hat jedermann in Gnadenzeit noch seiner schwachen oder starken Erkenntnis zu handeln, dabei aber fleisig zu lernen und vor unserem Herrn sich in Acht zu nehmen. Denn des Menschen Zorn thut nicht was vor Gott recht ist. Gott des Friedens aber mache euch gewiss, damit ihr das, was menschlich ist, von dem was götlich ist zu unterscheiden wisset.

[Ed Bernthal]

CAN, 23 Aug 1870.125.jpg - 229kB

CAN, 23 Aug 1870.2.25.jpg - 151kB

Go To Top