The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 106.740 Klapperlach to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] 20 Mar 1869
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-30-2015 at 03:09 PM
106.740 Klapperlach to Kilian [CHI, Serbin Collection] 20 Mar 1869

Castroville, Tex.
March 21, 1869

Highly venerable Pastor,

I received your valued writing from the 4th of this month, along with the included letter from Pastor Nall in Illinois, some days ago.

I learned out of it that it is mainly thanks to your efforts that the family Kühne obtained the long desired information about their uncle.

I already sent a letter to the uncle under the address of Pastor Nall and now will send the letter from the latter, including your valued letter, also to the remaining siblings of the family, who then will do the same, whereby you are relieved of further correspondences in this matter.

My wife, nee Wilhelmine Kühne, has given her particular cordial thanks to you.

With respectful devotion
A. Klappenbach

In case you may have spent some money on insertions in newspapers, I would like to request of you to post me the amount for refund.

[Christian Symmank]

Castroville, Tex.
21. März 1869

Hocherwürdiger Herr Pastor,

Ihr sehr werthes Schreiben vom 4ten ds M nebst eingeschlossenen Brief von Herrn Pastor Nall in Illinois habe ich vor einigen Tagen empfangen.

Ich habe daraus erfahren, daß es hauptsächlich Ihren Bemühungen zu verdanken ist, daß die Familie Kühne die schon längst gewünschte Auskunft über ihren Onkel erhalten hat.

Ich habe schon einen Brief an den Onkel unter Adresse des Herrn Pastor Nall abgesandt, und werde den Brief des Letztern, herin auch Ihren werthen Brief, nun auch an die übrigen Geschwister der Familie schicken, die dann das Gleiche thun werden, wodurch Sie somit weiterer Correspondenz in dieser Angelegenheit enthoben sind.

Meine Frau, geb. Wilhelmine Kühne, läßt Ihnen noch ihren besonders herzlichen Dank sagen.

Mit achtungsvoller Ergebenheit
A. Klappenbach

Im Fall daß Sie vielleicht für Insertion in Zeitungen etwas verausgabet hätten, möchte ich Sie ersuchen, mir den Betrag aufzugeben zur Rückerstattung.

[Christian Symmank]

Letter 106.74 20 Mar 1869.25.jpg - 161kB

Go To Top