The Wendish Research Exchange
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 106.700 Kilian to Kauffman [TWHS, Blasig Collection] 20 Mar 1869
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 6-30-2015 at 12:28 PM
106.700 Kilian to Kauffman [TWHS, Blasig Collection] 20 Mar 1869

Serbin 20 March 1869
Messrs. J. Kauffman & Co. Galveston

Sir,

It is very hard to complain so soon again, because I was recently somewhat rude. But I must indeed overcome my aversion and notify you that another letter, which arrived on March 12 from Stuttgart for Rev. Braun in Houston and shared with me. It came from the Harmonium factory of Phil. J. Trayser in Stuttgart that the large harmonium (7 reed works - 19 organ stops) was shipped off by the Navigation Company to the address of Rev. C. Braun and should have arrived by now. The purchase price for the organ is 500 Taler or $200.

I am proposing to you, Sir, the respectful request, to ask the tax collector at Galveston, whenever it is convenient, if the new organ which was ordered for us could be exempt from import tax and in case that is not possible, that you would advance the import tax for us.

With that I remain faithfully,
Sincerely, Johann Kilian, P.

[GRN; Biar]

Serbin am 20sten März 1869
Mssrs. J. Kauffman & Co. Galveston.

Ew. Wohlgeboren schon wieder zu beschweren fällt mir fast schwer, weil ich neulich etwas ungezogen war. Aber ich muß schon die Scheu überwinden und zeige Ihnen an, daß noch einem aus Stuttgart an Rev. C. Braun in Houston angelangten und mir mitgetheilten Briefe vom 12ten März ein in der Harmonium - Fabrik des Hr. Phil. J. Trayser in Stuttgart für unsere Kirche bestelltes großes Harmonium (7 Zungenwerke 19 Register) via Bremen unter der Adresse des Rev. C. Braun Houston, an die Navigation Company abgesandt wurde und nun ankommen muß. Der Kaufpreis dieser Orgel ist Tl.500 oder $200.

Ich stelle an Ew. Wohlgeboren die ergebenste Bitte, bei dem Herr Zollinspector zu Galveston gefälligst anzufragen, ob nicht diese von uns für unsere neue Kirche bestellte Orgel vom Eingangszoll frei werden könnte, und falls das nicht möglich wäre, den Eingangszoll für uns auszulegen.

Damit verbleibe ich vertrauensvoll Ew. Wohlgeboren ergebener Johann Kilian, P.

[GRN; Biar]

106.7 Kilian to Kauffman.jpg - 288kB

Go To Top