Author: Subject: 092.870 Kilian to Lange [CHI, Serbin Collection] 26 Jul 1867
mersiowsky
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 5-31-2015 at 07:34 PM
092.870 Kilian to Lange [CHI, Serbin Collection] 26 Jul 1867

Mr. Louis Lange, St. Louis, Missouri

Serbin, Bastrop County, Texas July 26, 1867

My honorable friend,

Could you kindly send me a copy of the current issue for the “Evening Classes/Night School” with regards to an appropriate beginning number, which does not contain a continuation of earlier beginning articles or essays, to the following address:

Carl Benjamin Weise
Industry
Austin County, Texas

To the best of my knowledge the “Evening Classes” is still not going to be read in the indicated region.

This order for the issue of the “Evening Classes” was going to be paid in advance by me. However, at the moment no paper money is available here, so I will be sending you payment once I get the cash in hand, or in case you simply want to wait, then I can bring it to you when I come to the Synod meeting in May.

Pastor Lehnigk made a point of circulating the “Evening Classes” as long as he was here. Also, I would like to know if you have received payment for all previous issues of the “Evening Classes” and, if so, approximately how many copies had Pastor Lehnigk sent payment for, because this money must be refunded to him. Please extend my greetings to Pastor Lehnigk who you undoubtedly see now and then.

With that I remain affectionately yours,

Yours truly,
Pastor Johann Kilian

[Translated by Joel R. Meador]

Mr. Louis Lange, St. Louis, Mo.

Serbin, Bastrop Co., Texas, am 26sten Juli 1867.

Hochgeehrter Freund!

Senden Sie gütigst ein Exemplar des laufenden Jahrgangs der „Abendschule“ mit Berücksichtigung einer passenden Anfangsnummer, die nicht eine Fortsetzung früher begonnener Aufsätze enthält, an folgende Adresse:

Mr. Carl Benjamin Weise
Industry, Austin Co., Texas

In der angegebenen Gegend wird die „Abendschule“ meines Wissens noch gar nicht gelesen.

Dieser bestellte Jahrgang der „Abendschule“ wurde an mich vorausbezahlt. Da aber augenblicklich hier kein Papiergeld aufzutreiben ist, so sende ich Ihnen die Zahlung erst, wenn ich einmal Papiergeld in die Hände bekomme oder, falls Sie so lange warten wollen, wenn ich im Mai zur Synode komme.

Der Herr Pastor Lehnigk hat, so lange er hier war, sich die Verbreitung der „Abendschule“ hier sehr angelegen sein lassen. Ich möchte aber wissen, ob alle hieher gehenden Exemplare der „Abendschule“ bei Ihnen bezahlt sind und für wie viele Exemplare etwa P. Lehnigk die Zahlung ausgelegt hat, da diese ihm erstattet werden muß. Grüßen Sie den Herrn P. Lehnigk von mir, den Sie gewiß zuweilen sehen. Damit verbleibe ich in Liebe

Ihr ergebener
Johann Kilian, Pastor.

[Transliterated by Christian Symmank]

Letter 92.87.1 26 Jul 1867.25.jpg - 221kB

Go To Top